Friday, 31 August 2018
Wednesday, 22 August 2018
Friday, 17 August 2018
Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Invigorating and uplifting when diffused
- Use it as a teeth whitener, household cleaner and laundry freshener
Organic Peppermint Essential Oil
- Breathe in a boost with its invigorating, energizing scent
- Is great in smoothies and more
Organic Frankincense Trinity Essential Oil
- Historically-prized and Biblical “king of oils”
- Can be used in a variety of ways
Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Famously cleansing and purifying
- Can be used for everything for skin support, household cleaning and more
Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- Pleasant, calming scent
- A favorite addition to perfumes, soaps and candles
- Perfect to use on your pillowcase at night
Friday, 3 August 2018
Relieve sunburn pain, soothe itching and fight inflammation with this recipe for a cooling anti-itch lotion
Made up of apple cider vinegar and baking soda, this anti-itch lotion goes on smoothly and is simple to make.
Photo courtesy Jessica Ress, Diane Harrison and Adams Media
Wednesday, 1 August 2018
Friday, 27 July 2018
Monday, 16 July 2018
In the short term, alcohol can cause dehydration, which can cause dry skin.
“For women, the recommendation is no more than two standard drinks a day on average,” says dermatologist Ann-Maree Kurzydlo, who recommends limiting consumption and alternating alcoholic drinks with water. “One or two alcohol-free days should be had per week.”
Caffeine is a diuretic and can also lead to dehydration of the skin - so steer clear of energy drinks as well as tea and coffee.
Meanwhile, dietitian Dr Joanna McMillan says diet can also play havoc with skin.
“A lack of fats in the diet can lead to dry skin, whereas good fats such as oily fish, avocado and olive oil deliver fat-soluble nutrients, are anti-inflammatory and promote skin health,” she says.
“Certain nutrients are important for the skin including vitamins A, C, E and many antioxidants. A diet rich in plant foods – veg, fruit, nuts, seeds, legumes and wholegrains – boosts intake of these factors.”
Discover more way to eat your way to healthy skin.